Detroit dating site
The new charter mandated that all Detroit public offices be non-partisan, and that elections to those positions would be held on a non-partisan basis, with no party designations on the ballot.These provisions have been continued through all subsequent city charter revisions.Kearsley was mayor twice, being appointed once in 1826 to fill Henry Jackson Hunt's term after his death, and being elected himself in 1829.He was in the US Army during the War of 1812, and was active in Detroit politics and civic life.
The mansion was donated to the city by industrialist Alex Manoogian, founder of the Masco Corporation. He owned the ribbon farm immediately adjacent to Detroit, along which Brush Street now runs.
Henry Ledyard was the son of prominent New York lawyer Benjamin Ledyard and Susan French Livingston (the daughter of Revolutionary War Colonel and US Supreme Court justice Brockholst Livingston and granddaughter of New Jersey governor William Livingston).
Ledyard returned to the United States in 1844 and moved to Detroit, serving as a member of the Board of Education, an alderman of the city, one of the original commissioners on the Board of Water Commissioners, mayor in 1855, and state senator in 1857.
However, the fire of 1805 destroyed the town and effectively eliminated the government.
Governor William Hull and Judge Augustus Woodward dissolved the original incorporation, replacing it in 1806 with a government headed by an appointed mayor.